The government has announced that on 2 December Leicester will move into Tier 3: very high. You can see the rules for Tier 3 on gov.uk.
This is a reflection of the serious situation here. Cases in Leicester are starting to fall, but they remain very high. The recent measures are beginning to work so we must keep going to protect our loved ones.
- Stay at home except for specific reasons, such as work or education.
- Limit your contact with other people.
- Don't mix with other households indoors or in private gardens, unless you have formed a support bubble as a single adult.
- Work from home if you can.
- Reduce the number of journeys you make.
- Walk or cycle if possible, or use buses outside peak times if you can.
- Stay 2m apart from anyone you do not live with.
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly.
- Wear a face covering on buses, in shops, when dropping or collecting children at school, and in any space where distancing is difficult.
- Book a test and self-isolate as soon as you get symptoms.
- If you test positive, continue to stay at home for at least 10 days and until you feel better. Members of your household should stay at home for 14 days.
The government says it will review our status in Tier 3 on 16 December.
How to book a test Click here